New Year’s Resolutions, Goal Setting, Shifting Your Life Focus
So for some reason you are ready for a change. Maybe it is January 1, a new moon or you decided it feels like the right time. I love doing this in January and June, but any day can be Day One/line in the sand/a day you can do this. I couldn’t find an article that covered this. I like to go over sections of life, kind of like “Oola.” For purposes of the article it’ll be year, but this can be used monthly, semi-annually, etc. So set some sacred space and get out your journal!
I start with past to release when needed (fun to burn these safely):
- I want to let go of
- I no longer want to feel
- Releasing of a bad habit
Other past reflections (Memories, Accomplishments and Overall feelings about the past year)
And now here’s the prompts for the future! I look at the day-to-day, overall vision/goals for the categories I feel called to shift each year. It’s okay to start small. I could be 1 in each category, picking a few and truly expanding into them, or you could pick one to focus on each month. Some themes I combined on one line.
- Word/Theme for the year – once mine was “live boldly,” this year is peace
- Feelings I want to feel
- Faith/Spirituality/Spiritual Practices
- Self Care practices/Hobbies
- Home and Sacred Space goals
- Affirmations for the year
- Sacred Space – How I want my home (wherever you live) to feel, smell like, look like, changes to be made, spaces with clutter, home improvement projects
- Overall vibes for how I want life to look – I did this at the end after I saw the overall life vision from my other goals
At the end, I give thanks and gratitude to God and I give thanks for all of this or something better.
xo Michelle Gargaro of Unleash Light Within